HARNESS THE POWER OF HP ALM WITH GALLOP
Best in class HP QC/ALM Upgradation Services by Colocated Professionals
HP QUALITY CENTER TO HP ALM MIGRATION SERVICES
With end of support for legacy HP Toolset including QC, QTP and Load Runner, businesses running critical applications on these are increasingly upgrading to achieve greater compatibility with HP Toolsets. An optimized asset management and cross project asset sharing is also possible with QC/ALM and this drives the decision of upgradation/migration. Upgrading to ALM helps organizations which are moving from conventional development approach to a fast paced Agile Environment, to manage their application quality in a better way (with tools like Agile Manager and HP Sprinter those integrate into ALM).
Gallop's 9-Step QC to ALM Upgrade Approach in a nutshell
Gallop follows a 9 step migration process to let you realize the true potential of HP ALM software. Here is what we follow in our 9-Step Migration process:
- Assess the need
- Analyze Current State – Infrastructure and tool integration
- Define upgrade criteria – Infrastructure, versions, validation rules, downtimes
- Define upgrade approach – Backup projects and data, project priorities, upgrade type
- Upgrade – Start downtime, upgrade in sandbox, create projects and upload assets
- Enhance – assets and customizations for optimization
- Validate – Validate upgrade and data, end user validation
- Track and Restore – Track issues raised and Restore from backup in case of issues
- Push to production – Point to the updated instance
REALIZE REAL BENEFITS WITH QC TO ALM MIGRATION
While HP QC Enterprise helps bring in consistency in QA procedures across the application lifecycle, HP ALM (Application LifeCycle Management) does that and more by providing the visibility and collaboration you need to bring agility to your enterprise.
Gallop helps organizations address unique set of challenges around deciding when to move data from older HP Quality Center software systems to the New HP ALM and start realizing the benefits of making that move.
Migrating to HP ALM from QC can:
- Provide an Enterprise View and Enhance Team Satisfaction
- Reduce Risks and Delivery Cycle Time
- Improve Resource Utilization and Increases Responsiveness
- Minimize Downtime and Improves Efficiency
- Reduce Development Cost and Maximizes Stakeholder Satisfaction
Gallop professionals have expertise and experience to most effectively handle this migration and help you get the greatest value from HP QC to ALM migration.
The Gallop Assurance
Gallop has deep expertise in QC/ALM up-gradation. With its unique approach to QC/ALM migration and its strategic partnership with HP, Gallop is strongly positioned as the trusted player in the domain.
To find out if your business needs an HP QC/ALM Upgrade, contact us today for a consultation. We have assisted large enterprises in the past and would be glad to assist you on your project.
Gallop has a strategic partnership with HP that enables us to offer additional value to our clients. Please continue reading to know more about Gallop’s partnerships, and our approach towards QC to ALM upgrade.
Our testing services accelerate your entire software test life cycle as we take up end-to-end testing ownership
Gallop has a strategic partnership with HP that allows us to offer additional value to clients across verticals.
- HP Service Provider Partner: Being selected as one of the reputed service provider partners for HP, Gallop has access to HP tools and training to successfully deliver HP Software & Solutions implementation services to clients.
- HP Enterprise Level Agreement: Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) with HP provides us an ability to utilize HP UFT/QTP/LR/QC/ALM licenses on pay‐per‐use/term basis.
QC to ALM – Upgrade Paths
There are many ways to upgrade QC to HP ALM and each approach comes with its own challenges and an efficient approach is needed to reduce the effort. Businesses choose one of the two upgrade path options available to them – Direct Upgrade & Phased upgrade, based on the number of projects, infrastructure, downtimes and priority.
- Upgrade QC 9.2 directly to ALM 11
- Upgrade QC 9.2 to QC 9.2 or 10 and then to ALM 11
- Quality Centre Enterprise 9.2 or 10 upgrades to Quality Centre Enterprise 11
- Quality Centre Premier 10 upgrades to ALM 11
A Direct Upgrade works well with companies which have lesser number of projects and when there are no changes to schema or underlying infrastructure. This path has a higher server downtime.
A Phased Upgrade, on the other hand, works with bigger enterprises where there is a need for sandbox infrastructure to have the legacy instance running which projects are ported and made live on the new instance.
HP QC Enterprise vs HP ALM
HP ALM gives IT teams a common workspace in which to train, implement, and track their project activities and contains a number of new features that bring testing and full application lifecycle management together.
Here are the additional components/features in HP ALM, on top of the features of HP QC:
- Project Planning & Tracking
- Cross-project reporting to aggregate metrics across multiple projects
- Asset Libraries (Requirements and Tests) for sharing and reuse across projects
- Centralized Process Standardization to create templates & enforce workflows/process across multiple projects.
- Defect Sharing - Share defects across multiple projects
- High Availability Server (Optional purchase for QC) to allow for scalability across large enterprises is included at no extra cost