Test Automation Services
Gallop is a leader in providing test automation services and has built a dedicated Automation Center of Excellence (ACoE) backed by a decade of experience in executing test automation engagements for global clients & a large pool of test automation experts. Gallop Test Automation Accelerator Kit (GTAAK) comprises of pre-built test automation scripts, utilities, process assets and frameworks, and has helped many companies in implementing successful test automation initiatives.
Gallop’s test automation strategy enables organizations to increase release velocity, reduce time to market and reduce overall testing effort resulting in significant return on investment (ROI). Gallop has developed a tool and technology agnostic, plug-and-play test automation framework with pre-built interfaces to CI servers, application lifecycle management tools and defect management tools that fully support the majority of test automation tools adopted by organizations.
Gallop invests over a $1mn annually to develop intellectual property and has committed partnerships with industry leading automation tool vendors to complement innovation. Gallop is also an active contributor in open source platforms for test automation and is a silver sponsor of Selenium. Gallop has also developed a host of pre-built automated test suites for industry leading 3rd party products like SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Salesforce, SAP Hybris, MS Dynamics CRM, and Work Day.
Test Automation Center of Excellence
Gallop’s ACoE comprises of a dedicated team of over 50 Architects and 700 test automation experts who develop test automation IP/accelerators by leveraging industry trends, best practices, and reusable frameworks/libraries.
By leveraging Gallop’s enablers and the assets developed by the ACoE, organizations have reduced efforts in developing test automation framework by over 80%, saved more than 50% in test automation script development efforts, and realized over 70% reduction in overall regression testing efforts.
Key services provided by Gallop include:
- Automation Assessment, Advisory & Transformation Services
- Automation Testing Tool Feasibility
- Automation Framework Development
- Automation Test Suite Development & Maintenance
- Custom Test Harness Development
Test Automation Methodology
Gallop utilizes proprietary test techniques to identify automatable manual tests. Gallop’s test automation methodology (and team) is well integrated with Agile and DevOps environments ensuring consistent ROI during the entire agile lifecycle.
Gallop’s test automation experts implement automated test suites with a focus on long term utilization of the suites. Key Agile-based test automation activities include:
- Small & lean tests to lower maintenance
- Loose coupling of tests & data
- Periodic reviews to ensure test suites are “green”
- Analyzing opportunities for in-sprint and delayed automation
- Supporting execution of multiple regression tests during each sprint
- Maintenance of an automation backlog and prioritize candidate test cases
The Gallop Test Automation Services Assurance
With over 10 years of experience in running large and complex testing engagements for clients in North America across diverse verticals, we provide you the Gallop Assurance:
- Proprietary Test Automation Frameworks to establish, maintain and enable faster test acceleration services
- Certified & experienced Test automation architects, Automation leads, and Automation engineers
- Tool feasibility
- Advisory and transformation services (ATS)
To know more about our Test Automation Frameworks, features and benefits, and about our Test Automation thought leadership, please feel free to continue reading below.
Our testing services accelerate your entire software test life cycle as we take up end-to-end testing ownership.
Test Automation Maintenance Approach
With a focus on long term maintenance, Gallop provides test automation maintenance services to its clients including:
- Assessment and refactoring of existing frameworks and test suites
- Augmentation of existing test automation frameworks with Gallop’s Test Automation Framework components
- Enhancement of automated test suite and Test Automation Framework to support application & platform upgrades
- Migration services to modernize legacy automation scripts to new test automation tools
- Win Runner to QTP (WinQuick)
- QTP to Lean FT (Quick Lean)
- Any tool to Selenium (Migrate2Selenium)
- Any tool to Any tool (Migr8)
IP-Led Tool Agnostic Test Automation Framework
Gallop’s Test Automation Framework (GTAF) is a proven IP-led, tool agnostic, platform independent testing solution for automating complex business processes with support for industry design patterns such as Keyword, Data, and Hybrid to enable non-technical users to validate business processes in an automated manner. GTAF integrates with all the leading commercial and open source test tools such as:
- CI Server Tools - Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis, etc.
- Test Management Tools - HP ALM, QTest, Zephyr, QA Complete, TestLink, etc.
- Test Automation Tools - HP UFT, Selenium, Testcomplete, EggPlant, Ranorex, Appium, Cucumber, etc.
Test Automation Framework Features & Benefits
GTAF’s support for extensibility, Service Virtualization, portability, forward integration, and just-in-time reporting add value leading to more than 50% overall cost savings in automation design, execution cycle, and maintenance.
Key features and benefits of Gallop’s TAF include:
- Smart tagging of test cases helps selection for execution based on "release objectives".
- Continuous integration testing with leading CI server tools and multiple test data sources.
- Compatibility with leading ERPs, packaged solutions, and web, mobile, and thick-client applications.
- Large repository of keywords for a common, scalable knowledge base that promotes reuse of functional libraries.
- Dashboards with in-depth visibility into project status, test execution results & analysis reports.
- Single point maintenance methodology reduces complex operating costs, overall testing time, & brings about quicker ROI.
- Enables clients to run comprehensive regression tests for major and minor releases improving improve overall quality of applications.
- Integration with open and commercial tools to make validation of complex business processes easy.
Test Automation Accelerator Kit
Gallop’s Test Automation Accelerator Kit (GTAAK) enables end-to-end automation of applications across the SDLC helping enhance the quality of testing. GTAAK supports thick-client (desktop) applications, web-based applications, mobile apps, and more.
TEST AUTOMATION PODCAST WITH JOE COLANTONIO
Gallop has been covered by Joe Colantonio, a sought after testing thought leader and independent publisher in his series of famous podcasts for Testtalks.com. Joe interviewed Kalyan Rao Konda – President, Gallop Solutions on “How to Create a Successful Test Automation Strategy”, which is available as Podcast.
Test Automation Thought Leadership
Gallop is a thought leader of automated testing in Agile-based testing environments that create a strong base for organizations. We share our best practices on software testing and quality by means of blogs, white papers, leadership articles, webinars, and Podcasts.