Test Asset Modernization Overview
Organizations want to realize the highest business value possible from their existing functional and test automation assets. As applications evolve over a period of time, test assets usually are patched up to cater to the immediate need. Design principles applied at the beginning of the test automation effort may not be all that relevant in the present tense. Additionally, as vendors support more and more sophisticated features in the automation platforms, there is a great potential to exploit the newer technologies to the best benefit.
Maintaining legacy platforms consume disproportionate percentage of IT budget and human resources and these assets fail to meet the changing competitive needs. Organizations are always under pressure to deliver more with less. Especially, test automation is considered vital for faster delivery of quality software products. TAM allows organizations to align their test assets with the business need and strategies.
Benefits of TAM
- Third party validation and review of test processes, procedures and environment.
- Critical assessment and associated improvements of test Automation architecture, maintenance aspects and reliability.
- Enable the re-use of legacy assets and fine tune the architecture to provide a more comprehensive coverage for newer functionality. Preserving the value of existing intellectual property and ideas is vital to start a newer platform in the right track.
- Upgrade test automation assets from legacy platform to newer technologies, saving maintenance on legacy and considerably improving reliability.
- Assure 24x7 testing availability with test automation execution in un-attended mode.
- Reduce costs through more optimized test assets, reduced maintenance, and use of QA staff.
TAM Offering from Gallop
- Complete testing process and test environment review.
- Test Automation architecture assessment.
- Automation test assets upgrade to leading edge platforms.
- Review of test data generation and reporting.
- Enhancements to allow hands-free test automation execution.
- Implementation of our recommendations and industry best practices.
"The speed and accuracy of the WinQuick conversion exceeded my expectations, and was accomplished with negligible distraction to our team"
Suresh Peddi, Technical Lead, travelocity.com