The emergence of QuickTest Professional as HP's next generation test automation platform has revolutionized test automation space. HP customers, who relied on legacy WinRunner for build certification / testing year after year, are looking for ways to migrate to QTP. Recently, HP Software announced an end-of-support schedule for all HP WinRunner versions. According to this schedule, HP will no longer perform product patches and bug fixes after August 1, 2009. In addition, web and telephone support will end as of January 1, 2011.
Given the benefits of QTP and the sunset announcement, the time is now for customers to migrate from WinRunner to QuickTest Professional (QTP). To help ensure that this migration delivers the best ROI and minimally impacts your release cycles, we offer WinQuick – an accelerated migration platform that makes the migration between WinRunner and QTP cost-effective and seamless.
Why migrate to QTP?
- QTP – HP’s leading, next-generation automation testing solution – makes it easier for QA organizations to certify the builds and deployments easier, faster and cheaper.
- QTP’s keyword-driven testing technology makes it easy for non-technical users to develop and maintain scripts.
- Active Screen Technology, Smart Identification and uniform parameterization support are only a few of the several features that set QTP apart from others.
- If your organization is building applications on emerging technologies and platforms like .Net, multimedia and Mozilla Firefox, you’ll receive outstanding support from QTP.
- HP' decision to end support on legacy WinRunner platform.
What’s the dilemma?
- QTP's rich feature set makes it the best choice for automation needs.
- Organizations that have already made substantial investments in WinRunner platform find it difficult to maintain two different platforms serving the same end objective.
- It is difficult to maintain code base and manage resources skilled in both WinRunner and QTP.
- Years of investment into developing mature WinRunner suites are not directly extendible in QTP.
WinQuick is the solution
If you want to take advantage of the benefits of QTP, but have too much time, money, and infrastructure invested in your WinRunner code, WinQuick is your best choice for a comprehensive, automated and cost-effective migration.
With WinQuick, your organization gains several advantages, including:
- Only HP approved solution for WinRunner to QTP migration.
- Greatly reduced migration time – typical implementations last just a few weeks – so you can start using QTP much sooner.
- Reduced cost of migration.
- No interruptions to business during the migration.
- An experienced consulting team to oversee the migration to this accurate and well-tested platform.
- Embedded QTP best practices as part of migration.
- Proven with complex frameworks at several clients including Bank of America, Iron Mountain, Southwest Airlines, New York Life, EDS, Travelocity and many more.
"Gallop's solution reduced the effort of script conversion to a great extent without compromising the reliability and performance of the code..."
Taher Merchant, Head of Testing Center of Excellence, Bank of America