Connect Your Laptop to Your TV
Are you boring and in a mood to watch a movie on TV? What are you waiting for! Simply connect your laptop to your TV. Let us discuss different methods to connect your laptop to your TV.
Method 1. Connect Your Laptop to your TV with HDMI Cable
- You will need an HDMI cable with the same connecting ends. One end of the cable will connect with your laptop and the other with your TV.
- In case if your TV has more than one HDMI port, note the port number of the port with which you have connected the cable
- Now, take the remote control of your TV and press the Input button. Change the mode from TV to Input
- Right-click on your laptop desktop, and click “Display Settings”. This will lead you to another page
- Click Detect. This option will detect your TV that you just connected with your laptop. If your computer detects your TV automatically, skip this step
- Now, click Identify. This will assign numbers to the TV and laptop. One is the main display and the other as a secondary display
- Now click the Multiple Displays button and choose the display you want from the drop-down list
- After selecting the display, click Apply
Method 2. Using WiFi
You can connect your Laptop to your TV using WiFi, only if your TV supports WiFi.
- Enable WiFi mode on your TV and connect your TV with WiFi
- Also, connect your laptop with the same Wifi network
- At the laptop desktop, right-click and select Display settings
- Click “Duplicate this display” and Apply changes
- Now on your laptop, click the Start button and click the Settings icon
- Click Devices > Connected Devices
Now add a device, select “Wireless display or dock”
After this, the name of your TV will appear. Click on it to connect it
Method 3. Using DVI or VGA
You can connect your Laptop to your TV using DVI or VGA.
- Connect VGA cable with both the computer and laptop. Both ends of the table are the same. On your laptop, VGA port is named as PC IN, or Computer IN
Plug one end of the audio cable with your laptop on the headphone port. The other end in the TV’s plug for audio
Now change the input type of your TV to VGA or DVI
- Now on your computer or laptop, right-click on the desktop and follow steps 3 to 7 in Method 1 described above i.e. via HDMI
Method 4. Screen Mirroring
Connect your Laptop to your TV with screen mirroring.
- Take the remote of your TV and click the Home button
- Now select screen-mirroring from the apps
- Depending on your TV, follow on-screen instructions to connect your TV to the laptop via the Screen Mirroring method
Or, on other TV models, press the Input button from your remote and select Screen-mirroring.
On Your Laptop
- Press Windows key + P on the desktop. This will lead you to the Settings Display Settings of your laptop
Or simply right-click on the desktop and select Display settings.
- Now go to Devices > Connected Devices > Add a device
- Find your TV from the devices
- Now, click “Wireless display or dock”
- Select Duplicate. This will mirror the screen of your laptop to your TV