Deactivate Your Facebook Account
To deactivate your Facebook account follow these steps.
- Tap on the Menu icon available at the top right corner of the page.
- Scroll down the menu.
- Go to “Settings & Privacy” option.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- Tap on the “Account ownership and control” option which is available in the “Your Facebook information” section.
- Click on the “Deactivation and deletion” option.
- Mark the “Deactivate account” checkbox.
- Press “Continue to Account Deletion” button.
- A page appears that asks for the reason for deactivating the account. Give your reason and tap on the “Continue” button.
- Next page appears which asks for the time limit to activate your account automatically. Select an option from the drop down menu according to your desire and press the “Continue” button.
- Scroll down the next page and click on the “Deactivate My Account” button.