Instagram is one of the most popular social media applications. Millions of people use Instagram for chatting, uploading their pictures, videos, stories, and connect with their friends on this platform. But for any reason, if you want to delete or deactivate your Instagram account, you can do it. Follow our step guide to deactivate or delete your Instagram account.
Remember that once you delete your Instagram account, you would not be able to recover your account again. Instagram allows permanent deletion of the account. It is better to disable your account instead of deleting it. You might want to use your account again in the future for any purpose. So, think hard before deleting it.
Steps to delete Instagram account
- On your smartphone or computer, open the browser and head to the Instagram website.
2. Enter your login details to log in to your Instagram account.
3. Now, go to the delete Instagram account page.
4. From the drop menu at the base of the screen, pick your purpose behind deactivating your account. If none of the choices are right or you basically incline toward not giving a reason for account deletion, you can choose “Something else.”
5. After selecting the reason, click “Permanently delete my account”.
We suggest you disable your account temporarily instead of deleting it permanently. Follow the given steps to disable your account.
- Go to the Instagram website and log in to your account.
2. Open your profile and click “Edit Profile”.
3. Hit the “Temporarily disable my account” button.
Now, this is your choice whether you want to delete your account temporarily or permanently. With these simple steps, you can delete your account.
Also learn “How to delete your Facebook account?”