How to Enhance Your SIM-Security By Setting Up the SIM PIN Lock?
Everybody knows how to protect our smartphones with fingerprint lock, PIN, or a password. But how can you protect the data stored in your SIM card?
What if someone takes out the SIM from your phone and install it on any other phone? SIM cards also store a lot of data such as contacts, billing information, and transaction OPTs passwords.
Just like a smartphone lock, you can set SIM pin lock also to protect your data in the SIM card. Smartphone’s lock screen cannot protect your SIM card. You have to set up a security lock for SIM to protect it.
Steps to Set Up the SIM PIN Lock
- Go to Settings > Security
- Click Other Security Settings or similar option with a bit different name
- Click on the “Set up SIM card lock”.
- Enter the default SIM PIN. Usually, it is 0000.
- Change the default PIN to enhance the SIM security
- Enter the new PIN and reenter to confirm the PIN.
With these steps, you can protect your SIM card.
Note: Always remember the SIM PIN that you set up for security. If you forget, you have to go to customer care shop or franchise.