Enhance Your SIM-Security By Setting Up the SIM PIN Lock
Everybody knows how to protect our smartphones with fingerprint lock, PIN, or a password. But how can you protect the data stored in your SIM card? For this you have to enhance your sim-security.
What if someone takes out the SIM from your phone and install it on any other phone? SIM cards also store a lot of data such as contacts, billing information, and transaction OPTs passwords.
Just like a smartphone lock, you can set SIM pin lock also to protect your data in the SIM card. Smartphone’s lock screen cannot protect your SIM card. You have to set up a security lock for SIM to protect it.
Steps to Set Up the SIM PIN Lock
- Go to Settings > Security
- Click Other Security Settings or similar option with a bit different name
- Click on the “Set up SIM card lock”
- Enter the default SIM PIN. Usually, it is 0000
- Change the default PIN to enhance the SIM security
- Enter the new PIN and reenter to confirm the PIN
With these steps, you can protect your SIM card
Note: Always remember the SIM PIN that you set up for security. If you forget, you have to go to customer care shop or franchise.