How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account?
Oh! Somebody has hacked your account? Do not worry about it. You can recover your hacked Facebook account.
Billions of individuals use Facebook for different purposes but due to cybercrimes, some of the Facebook clients meet with various hacked accounts. Recovering Facebook accounts is simpler and should be possible with a couple of steps.
Firstly, beware of the hackers and use two-factor authentication to make your accounts secure. But if somebody has hacked your account, be quick and try the methods given below to recover your hacked Facebook account as soon as possible.
Method 1. Resetting your Facebook Password
- Launch the Facebook app or type facebook.com in your browser.
2. You will see the login Facebook page. Click “Forgot Password?”
3. Now, enter your email or phone number that you use for your Facebook account. Hit the “Search” button.
4.Facebook will search your account. Once it has searched, it will show your Facebook account.
5.Choose the account recovery options, via email or via SMS and click Continue.
6. Facebook has sent you a 6-digit code via SMS or email that you selected.
7. Now enter the code and click Continue. If you haven’t received any code, click Resend code.
8. Check the option “Log me out of other devices”. This will log you out of other devices. If someone else is using your account, he/she will not be able to log in to your account again.
9.Create a new password for your Facebook account. Your password must be strong.
10. Enter your password again to confirm.
Method 2. Reporting the Facebook about your hacked account
- Open facebook hacked account page. Go to https//www.facebook.com/hacked/.
2. Click on “My Account Is Compromised”.
3. Enter your phone number or email address with which you log in to your account.
4. Click the “Search” button.
5. Now enter your current or old password and click Continue.
6. Select a reason why you think that your account has hacked. Click Continue.
7. Now reset your password to secure your account.
8. Get login alerts so you will be able to track who has logged in to your account.
You are all done.
Also learn “How to delete your Facebook account?”