Remove Duplicates in Microsoft Excel
If the data in our excel sheet is small, we can easily manage it. Moreover, we can find and remove duplicates in Microsoft Excel from the columns. But, working on an excel sheet with a large data set, we find it difficult to delete the duplicate values.
If we want to remove the values in the columns, we have to find the duplicate values from the selected columns manually. We can fix this issue by using this exciting feature of Microsoft Excel. Remove duplicates in Microsoft Excel option allows us to solve this problem in an efficient way.
In this article, we illustrate this with the help of an example.
In this example, we’ll create a small dataset to make you understand how to “Remove Duplicates” feature in excel. Follow the given steps to remove duplicates from a larger data set in Microsoft Excel.
Steps to Remove Duplicate Values in MS Excel
- Open Microsoft Excel
- Open the file with some large data. If you don’t have an excel file, create a new spreadsheet. Moreover, fill it with some data in rows and columns
- Select a column or columns from which you want to delete the duplicate values
- Click the Data tab from the title bar
- Search for the Data Tools menu
- Click on the “Remove Duplicates” option
- Check the columns you want to delete duplicates from and click OK
In this way, you can delete the duplicate values in Microsoft excel. You can select all the columns if you want to remove duplicates from the entire data set.