Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Android
Have you shifted from iPhone to android? Congratulations! Its a wise decision. Now You are thinking about to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android phone.
You will confuse because iPhone and Android both have different operating systems. Moreover, it’s a bit tricky to transfer your data from iPhone to android and vice versa. You cannot directly transfer your data from iPhone to Android via Bluetooth.
Finally, You have to follow a proper method to transfer your stuff from iPhone to your new android smartphone. Let us discuss how can you transfer contacts from iPhone to Android smartphone.
Steps to Follow:
Export Contacts Using an iCloud Account
First of all, before starting the procedure to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android smartphone, do a backup. Backup will make possible to transfer your data from iPhone to iCloud.
- Open the browser on your computer and head to icloud.com
- Sign in to your iCloud account
- Now, you see a number of apps on the screen. Click the Contacts app
- Tap on All Contacts option located at the upper left corner of the screen
- Press the Ctrl +A key from your laptop to select all the contacts
- Hit the Settings gear icon at the bottom left side of the screen
- Select the “Export vCard” option. Your contact file will start downloading and will save in your downloads folder
Import Contacts Using Google Contacts
You must have your Google account to make this transfer possible.
- Open your browser and sign in to your google account
- Visit contacts.google.com
- Click “Import” from the left menu on your screen
- Tap on the “Select File” option
- Now go to the Downloads folder and attach the vCard file that you downloaded from iCloud
- Click the Import option. You will see your contacts on the screen after a few seconds
Transfer Your Contacts From Google Account to Your Android Smartphone
- Sync your Google account to get all the contacts. For this, open the Settings app and go to the Accounts
- Click on your Google Account
- Click the three-dotted button and select the “Sync Now” option
Finally, your all contacts will sync from Google account to your Android smartphone. You have to follow this procedure if you want to transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android smartphone.
Also learn “How to switch from Android to iPhone?”