Transfer Files to Your Computer
Have you bought a new laptop? Congratulations! You might be thinking to transfer files to your computer that is new.
Don’t overthink and confuse yourself. There are so many ways you can transfer files to your new computer. Previously, data transfer was really a big hassle as it required moving floppy disks back and forth. Moreover, you have to use software or connect via arcane cables.
Now, it has become very easy whether you want to transfer a few files or the entire disk.
Method 1. With USB Flash Drive
USB flash drive is a storage device that can transfer your files from one computer to another. For this, connect your USB with the old computer and copy your data files. Now paste them in the USB flash drive.
In the Old Computer:
- Insert USB in your old computer
2. Open File Explorer and open USB drive folder
3. Now, right-click on the USB drive and click Format to make space in USB
4. Copy files you want to transfer and paste in the USB drive
5. Remove the USB flash drive.
In the New Computer
- Insert drive on your new computer
- Copy all the files from the drive and paste them on your new computer.
Method 2. With OneDrive, DropBox, Google Drive or other Cloud Storage
The Cloud storage system provides a few GB space. You can store your files there and transfer them to any computer whenever you need them.
- Open File Explorer. Open OneDrive folder
2. Copy the files from your computer and paste them to OneDrive folder 3. In the new computer, install the OneDrive and log in with the same account.
4. Open the OneDrive folder and select files to copy and paste them to a new computer.
Method 3. With Transfer Cable
If you place both computers close to one another, then you can adopt this method. To transfer your files from an old computer to a new computer will easy.
Transferring data with transfer cable is reliable and independent of Windows versions. It works the same way in WindowsXP to Windows 10.
- Connect one end of the cable with your old computer and the other end with your new computer.
- Using the software specified with a transfer cable, select files and move them from one computer to another.