How to Use Bluetooth on a Laptop?
Nowadays, many computers and laptops come with a built-in Bluetooth feature. But, if you’re using an outdated or old-fashioned PC, you might not find any Bluetooth connectivity option.
But don’t fret, you can still add Bluetooth support on your computer. But why you need a Bluetooth connection on your computer? Well, you may want to enjoy music using your Bluetooth speakers or transfer files wirelessly from your computer to another computer or mobile phone. Here is the solution on how to use Bluetooth on your laptop.
First of all, make sure whether your computer has a Bluetooth connectivity option or not. For this, Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
If your laptop has a built-in Bluetooth option, you will find Bluetooth Network Connections option in the Network Connections tab. Alternatively, open the Start menu and find the Device Manager. You will find the Bluetooth option there if your computer has built-in Bluetooth. Otherwise, you have to install Bluetooth Drivers.
Install Bluetooth Driver
- Open your browser and download Bluetooth Driver.
- Run the installer.
After installation, you are ready to use Bluetooth for file-sharing or listening to music.
Use Bluetooth in Windows
- You see a tiny Bluetooth icon in the Hidden icons on the system tray of your laptop. Click on the Bluetooth icon.
- Click on the “Add a Bluetooth Device” option. Windows will open the PC and Devices screen. Here, you will see the device that you want to connect to your computer.
- Click “Pair” button to pair your device.
- After this, your device will be connected to your laptop. Once connected, click on the Bluetooth icon and then click “ Send a File” if you want to send a file to the connected device.
- Now, click on the Browse button to browse which files you want to transfer. After this, click Next. The process of sharing files will begin.