Use Computer Without Mouse
What if the mouse of your computer stops functioning or the touchpad of your computer stops working? Most of us find our computer useless when its mouse stops working. Instead of finding solutions, we start worrying.
Learning how to use a computer without a mouse is very important and very useful. You can still use your computer without a mouse.
There are so many alternate ways to move your cursor using keyboard shortcut keys. Everyone must know these techniques listed below:
- By pressing the navigation keys, you can move the page up, down, right, and left.
- With ALT + TAB keys you can switch between programs and return to the desktop.
- By pressing ALT + F4 keys, you can close programs.
- If you are on the desktop, press the TAB + ENTER key to open the START menu.
- Press and hold the TAB key on a desktop, it will move and select the items one by one on the taskbar.
If you want to learn how to move your cursor just like the mouse does, you can do this with the keyboard. Let’s see how to achieve a mouse-like effect with the help of a keyboard.
Fortunately, Windows has a built-in feature that allows you to move your cursor with the help of a numeric keypad on your keyboard.
With this, you can also achieve right-click, double-click, and left-click features. Press the Num Lock key to enable the numeric keypad on your keyboard.
- To enable Mouse Keys, Open the Control Panel program. How will you open the Control Panel without a mouse? First, go to your desktop, press TAB + ENTER to open the Start menu. Next, type Ease of Access and press Enter key. The Control Panel program will open now.
- Click on the Ease of Access option. Under the “Explore all settings” tab, click on the Make the mouse easier to use option.
- Check the box beside Turn on Mouse Keys.
- Next, click on the “Set up mouse keys” option. In this menu, you can adjust the speed of your mouse pointer.
After setting up the mouse keys, you will see a tiny mouse icon on the system tray. You have to remember the functions of all the keys on the numeric keypad.
- 2 = Move Down
- 8 = Move Up
- 4 = Move Left
- 6 = Move Right
- 7 = Move Diagonally Top Left
- 9 = Move Diagonally Top Right
- 1 = Move Diagonally Bottom Left
- 3 = Move Diagonally Bottom Right
- 5 = Once Button Selected, will
- / = Select Left Mouse Button
- – = Select Right Mouse Button
- * = Select Both Buttons